Each academic year, students can choose between multiple research programmes, groups and projects at ISH and public research institutes, with which ISH signed contracts on cooperation. Students choose a research by themselves, in agreement with the coordinator of the registered study programme and in agreement with the Head of Research.
Method and scope of IRW research are established by the Head of Research. IRW is often carried out by IRW seminar research paper or in any other manner, appropriate to the project. This obligation is not assessed.
ISH pursues cooperation contracts with the following research institutes:
- Institute for Contemporary History (INZ)
- Pedagogical Institute (PI)
- Scientific Research Centre SAZU (ZRC SAZU)
- Scientific and Research Centre of Koper (ZRS KP)
- The Institute for Civilization and Culture (ICK).