Doctoral study of Humanities at AMEU – ISH provides students with an interdisciplinary approach to education and a basic knowledge of all fields of the humanities, while directing them in the field of scientific research.
Study programme in Humanities educates intellectuals for argued socio-critical perspective on the processes and practices in society. Students of this programme gain great humanistic education, based on communication skills and self-gain, with which they recognise, interpret and manage knowledge systems and cultural, political and other social practices. The study programme is based on the theory of excellent scientific research and genuine curiosity, while studied research problems mostly concern current human/social needs.
Study as an intellectual challenge and pleasure!
Study programme in Humanities is educating young specialists into superior methodologically and conceptually equipped professionals, who are capable of independent critical analysis of the concepts and phenomena, which are tied to a specific areas of humanities. The expected learning outcomes are verified through a continuous and systematic mentoring work of teaching staff towards students.
The concept of human sciences enables an interdisciplinary approach in the field of the third degree education, because it offers wide basic knowledge of all fields of humanities, linking anthropological, philosophical and linguistic discipline and, at the same time, encourages students in the field of scientific research. Study programme of the third level of degree in Humanities provides postgraduate students study of disciplines and fields of study that are underrepresented in other Slovenian institutions of higher education; one of the best features of this study programme is offering intersdisciplinarity and electives subjects.
The study programme is structured in a way that it utilises the horizontal and vertical connectivity content to the maximum. Thus structured program can continuously adjust individual study interests. The study programme reflects current needs in a broader international context and seeks to cover the needs of study and contents that are scarsely represented in other European programms.
The programme encourages and supports the studies of students from other countries, and creates opportunities for Slovenian university teachers and researchers for research in areas that are only scarsely represented Slovenian scientific environment, but are, in their own opinion, interesting and needed for their scientific development and development of the issues in their field. It establishes close cooperation and ties with institutions of higher education who are working on the same and similar scientific fields as developed by the AMEU-ISH; it enables postgraduate students to study disciplines and fields that are not available in other Slovenian higher education institutions. We consider this as our most prominent educational vision, as we are closely linking education and research, and continuously follow development of the humanities and introduce new approaches and a new mindset: as the sponsoring member ECHIC, the European Consortium of Humanities, we are also recognised as a humanistic avantguard EZ.
All lectures at AMEU-ISH are e-supported, as they are recorded. You can join live recording, and you can listen to them at home repeatedly.
- study program provides students with understanding and managing the most compelling epistemological systems knowledge and understanding/interpretation of the results of research, which is primarily focused on current human needs;
- widespread and in-depth study of disciplines and fields that are not or are barely represented at other Slovenian higher education institutions;
- organising study programme, which is interesting for students outside Slovenia, particularly from Central and Eastern Europe;
- study programme that educates young specialists into superior methodological and conceptual equipped professionals, who are capable of independent critical analysis of the concepts and phenomena, which are tied to a specific areas of humanistic science, covered by the study programme;
- as expected learning outcomes we consider graduates, evolved in highly self-reflective researchers, who have a critical attitude towards the material collected, while maintaining the ethics and sensitivity to the subject of research;
- ability to integrate the historical perspective, i.e. the ability to integrate historic problems into modern times;
- the expected learning outcomes of students are verified by means of continuous and systematic mentoring of students, through continuous verification of progress with literature study, with selection of research techniques, with permanent coordinating of activities, leading toward conceptual coherent research;
- real-time learning outcomes are verified with the help of seminars and in the context of preparation and application of the doctoral thesis topic;
- obligatory part of the third level study programme of Humanities are fundamental and applied research tasks.
- capability for independent research; understanding of the key theoretical concepts that define specific subjects;
- management of scientific apparatus, methods and research techniques (including fieldwork);
- recognition of epistemological concepts and approaches;
- understanding of transnational processes, local and global cultural diversity and identity;
- the ability to articulate theoretical reflection and analysis of interdisciplinary humanities content;
- historical positioning of the problems and interaction with modern times;
- competence in writing of humanistic interdisciplinary analytical and scientific texts, popular science and critical texts;
- qualifications for different forms of knowledge transferring (applied science), public demonstrations, presentations and for dialogue with the media;
- the ability of critical observation of social cultural processes within the scientific field and at the level of everyday life;
- application of ethical standards and commitment to professional ethics.
|5||Anthropology of knowledge||5|
|6||Anthropology of religion and believing||5|
|7||Communication and society||5|
|8||Anthropology of labor and migrations||5|
|9||Film and popular culture theory||5|
|10||Sexuality and love studies||5|
|11||Radical etnographical methods and feminist studies||5|
|12||Behavior and discourse||5|
|13||Gender and popular culture||5|
|14||Anthropology of artistic practice||5|
|15||Preparation for doctoral thesis||10|
|16||Doctoral seminar 1-doctoral thesis subject registration||10|
|17||Individual research (for the doctoral thesis)||10|
|18||Doctoral seminar 2||10|